Today’s post is a bit, how to say it? Tongue in cheek? Bittersweet? Ironic?
A short list of traits found in a company, an entirely fictitious company I assure you, having a lousy corporate culture. If this list is familiar, it surely is time to update your LinkedIn Profile!
- Nothing is so good that fault can’t be found.
- Someone must be blamed.
- Messengers are for shooting.
- The beatings will continue until morale improves.
- It’s all about me.
- Are you an idiot?
- Pile on, kick him when he’s down!
- Take the path of least resistance.
- My boss is your problem.
- The best defense is a good offense.
- “Requirements” is a four-letter word.
- “Happy” beats “Right” every time.
- Don’t make me the smartest guy in the room.
Are you still reading? I thought you already would’ve quit and run out of your employer’s office!
There are surely more traits like these, enough more to fill a second slide in the quarterly BOD deck. But continuing to list them would be far too depressing. Let’s stop, while at least some of the traits are vaguely funny.