Stephen Covey said that learning was like sharpening a saw.
How do Telecom Pros learn new technologies? Yesterday I said LinkedIn Groups. https://lnkd.in/fR9qiyP
To learn and to build your reputation, try this checklist:
- Apply to join Groups which share your interests. The group should be active and closely aligned with your interests.
- Allocate time each day to engage. Consistency is important to establish yourself.
- Scan for updates. If the group does not generate at least one new update daily, consider adding more groups.
- Start slow, to get to know the Group’s rules and etiquette.
- “LIKE” updates, answer questions, ask one, or tell your own experience.
- Tag the person. This puts your comment in the feed of their connections.
- Always be courteous and respectful. Nobody likes a jerk or bully or wise-guy.
- Share the articles you’ve read. Always add your own insights or questions.
- After you’ve exchanged comments with someone, consider inviting them to connect.
Practice this approach daily and your skills, your reputation, and your network will all grow.
How do you sharpen your saw?
👉 #TelecomTribe: Follow me on LinkedIn, Russell Lundberg, for more updates insights, tips, tricks, and tactics to love a career in Telecoms.